Chill Out With Luca - The Official JULABO Blog
Size the Cooling System Properly
Condensers: Calculate First
Understanding the distillation requirements for the process is paramount to sizing the proper chiller. Applications running the same process continually (i.e. no variation of the solvent) are the easiest case.
Ever wonder how the best before date is determined on the bottle or can of beer that you enjoy?
Brewers determine this date by inducing artificial ageing in a batch of beer. Also known as a forced ageing test, this is accomplished by cycling the packaged beer from low to high temperatures over several cycles. Doing so expedites the maturation of the brew to a cloud point. The brewers analyze the beer and use a calculation to determine the ‘best before’ date.
In our daily routines we interact with and use devices that make our lives easier. Items in this category include a furnace for winter warmth, a clothes dryer and automobiles. To keep these devices running properly and safely regular maintenance becomes second nature; such as changing the furnace filter, cleaning the dryer lint filter after each load and periodic maintenance of an automobile’s engine and brakes. This upkeep is paramount to maintain peak performance, safe operation and ensure longevity.
Recent blog posts
- Sizing a Cooling System to Control the Temperature of Process Heating Operations
- Have it Your Way: Customized SemiChill Recirculating Coolers
- Short Path and Fractional Distillation Solutions
- Berghof GmbH PTFE-Lined Reactors for Corrosive Chemistry
- Upgrading a Refrigerated Heating Circulator to External Temperature Control Capability (Pt100)
- Chillers for Condensing Applications
- Aerospace Component Testing
- It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
- Large Reactor Temperature Control
- Chiller Maintenance